Yes, the Utica Winter Wine Walk has sold out of their Food and Wine tickets. There is still plenty of fun to be had in Starved Rock Country, including watching the beautiful eagles and seeing what a little bit of the above 32 degree temps have done to the ice falls. We also have some back up plans for you as well.
- Still looking for wine? August Hill Winery is throwing a pre-Wine Walk Celebration on Friday night. featuring a flight from four wineries (Galena Cellars, Blue Sky Vineyard, Prairie State Winery and August Hill Winery/Illinois Sparkling Co. Get the details at their Facebook Event Page. You can also check out Catseye in Ottawa for some great wine.
- Maybe another drink? Tangled Roots Brewing Company and Star Union Spirits are two local makers and purveyors of beer and small batch spirits (respectively).
- Fun events at the Reddick Mansion – The Reddick Mansion is the beautiful 22-room Italianate mansion that anchors Washington Square. On Friday, they are hosting a painting party where you get to make and take your own masterpiece. On Saturday, gather a team of 5-10 people and head down for Trivia Night at the mansion.
- Take in great live music – There will be talent all around Starved Rock Country. On Friday, February 8, the shows include: Zombie Manana at Star Union Spirits, David’s Bazaar at Starved Rock Lodge’s Back Door Lounge, Sean Walsh at Tangled Roots Brewing Company, and Rockin’ 9-12 at Ninth Street Pub. On Saturday, February 9, don’t miss Ryan Wotherspoon at Red Dog Grill and Junkyard Groove at Tangled Roots.
- One for the Kids – On Saturday, February 9, take your little ones down to Rock Paper Scissors where they can make Valentine’s for Seniors! The valentines will be delivered to area nursing home facilities. Find out more at their Facebook event page.
Keep track of upcoming events
There are a lot of events going on this weekend, as well as in the upcoming weeks. You can keep track of them at our event calendar at this link.